This Blend of Sweet and Savory Flavors Complement Any Pork Dish
Pulled Pork and Fried Onion Sub with Cheese Recipe
This Pulled Pork and Fried Onion Sub with Cheese is a delicious and filling lunch or dinner sandwich. The sweet and savory caramelized onions and melted cheddar cheese complement the tender and flavorful pork. The BBQ sauce adds just enough tangy flavor to bring everything together.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Salt and pepper the pork shoulder.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Sear the pork shoulder on all sides until browned.
- Cover the pork shoulder with foil and place it in a baking dish.
- Bake for 3-4 hours, or until the pork is tender and easily falls apart with a fork, in a preheated oven.
- While the pork is cooking, caramelize and golden brown the sliced onions in the same skillet used for the pork.
- Set aside after removing from the heat.
- When the pork is done, remove it from the oven and set it aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.
- Using two forks or your hands, shred the pork.
- Place the sub rolls on a baking sheet and cut them in half.
- Toast for a few minutes in the oven, until lightly browned.
- Add a generous amount of pulled pork, fried onions, and a slice of cheddar cheese to each sub roll.
- Return the subs to the oven for a few minutes more, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately after removing from the oven and drizzling with BBQ sauce.
Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning Pork Dry Rub
The South's Best Butts
Traeger Grills Apple And Honey Pork Rub
Bruce Aidells's Complete Book Of Pork
Chorizo Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
BBQ Pork Ribs Recipe
Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese Recipe